Save Money in the Long Run with an AV9000 Certified AV Integrator
If you’ve ever invested in technology only to learn later that it needs to be rewired, reconnected, or even replaced, you know that can be both frustrating and expensive. You may end up spending more by having to replace cables, tear out walls or ceilings, or even find a more effective solution altogether. It’s especially discouraging if you hired a company to help but you still didn’t get the results you needed. If that’s happened to you, you’re not alone.
According to The Association for Quality in Audio Visual Technology, Inc. (AQAV), poor quality AV solutions and integration costs more than $15 billion a year worldwide in rework, lost hours, and repairs. Safeguarding against such waste or inefficiency is difficult when you’re not an audiovisual expert—that’s why you hired one in the first place.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT AUDIOVISUAL TECHNOLOGY PARTNER
Fortunately, the AV industry has quality standards that help you choose the right company and ensure you make a wise investment. One such protection is AQAV, a non-profit corporation “dedicated to improving the operational art of designing and installing audiovisual technology.” Their AV9000 standards, training, certification, and audits ensure that all certified technology companies provide quality solutions that meet the same standards and follow the same best practices. AQAV uses standards developed by organizations like AVIXA (the Audiovisual and Integrated Experience Association), SynAudCon (Synergetic Audio Concepts), AES (Audio Engineering Society), SMPTE® (Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers), to provide standards that assure consistent quality across industries and around the world. So how do you know you’re choosing a company that cares about these standards and will follow them to make sure you don’t pay for their mistakes down the road? First, start by asking potential integrators some questions.
Questions to Ask
- Is your company AV9000 certified?
- If the answer is no, ask why not and what quality standards they follow.
- What certifications do your technicians have?
- Individual integrators should have certifications, like CTS (Certified Technology Specialist), or others that directly support their role.
- Do you have a company quality policy and process? And how do you ensure your team adheres to them?
- Integration companies should have these in place and be able to share how they ensure quality solutions.
- What if I have a question or concern during or after the installation?
- The integration company should be able to provide you with a contact who will address all your questions and concerns at any point.
The Benefits of Partnering with an AV Integrator
The selection process is so important because you’ll see several benefits from working with a company that makes quality assurance a priority. They’ll work to:
- Design and install systems for an optimal user experience and operability
- Ensure your projects are completed on time thanks to standard processes
- Catch defects in solutions before they are put into use
- Follow up to resolve issues with your solutions
- Prevent system failure so you have less downtime and fewer repairs
- Provide upfront information about long-term maintenance and upgrade costs
- Maximize your investment with efficient installation and prevention of issues down the road
Finding the right audiovisual technology partner is the first step to creating the environment you want at your organization—and in making sure your money doesn’t get wasted on poor quality solutions and services. Learn more about why an AQAV-certified audiovisual integrator by contacting us or chatting with a team member on the bottom right of your screen!